Troi Automatisering releases Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro 14
Updated plug-in for FileMaker Pro 14 offers industry strength encryption and decryption of data and images.
June 5th, 2015, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro 14.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely over Internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-1 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 3.0?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 is a major release, offering the following changes:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: on OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Encryptor.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Encryptor.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Tested with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Windows 8.x.
- Added AES-256 bit encryption, up from 128-bit in earlier versions.
- For backward compatibility: added a switch to the Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES function, which will generate AES-128 bit encryption. Also improved the Encr_DecryptRijndael function: for Troi AES encrypted text, it will automatically detect if it is AES-128 or AES-256 and decrypt the text.
- Added 3 new functions to the plug-in, to be able to easily exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like for example PHP-mcrypt). Also added PHP mcrypt script which demonstrates how to decrypt data in PHP, which was encrypted in FileMaker with the EncryptAES.fmp12 example file.
- Troi Encryptor Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server. The plug-in creates log files when running under FileMaker Server to make troubleshooting easier and to provide feedback regarding errors and registration status.
- Added the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, with support for the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Made various changes to several example files.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 and earlier can be found at:
- secure your FileMaker data, making sure information can only be read or seen by the people you want
- share medical data over Internet, including pictures
- comply with HIPAA guidelines
- verify the correctness of important text
- compress large texts
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at:
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Advanced 12, 13 and 14. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 3.0 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13 and 14 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 399.We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after September 1st, 2014, are free: eligible users will be emailed a new registration string. Contact us if you have not received yours after June 7th, 2015. Upgrades from licenses bought before September 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: