2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 9:36 AM by CICT

FileMaker Server 14 SSL Certificates Single and Two Server Deployment

CICT

After participation in an earlier posting, we've now completed, subject to any further helpful information, documenting how we've successfully rolled out a FileMaker Server 14 master and worker 2-server deployment on the Internet using SSL certificates on Windows 2012 R2 servers:

FileMaker Server SSL Certificate Setup

We have encrypted 'green padlock' links from browsers to the WebDirect server as well as FileMaker Pro/Go clients to FileMaker Server.

We sincerely hope this helps other people avoid the non-productive time we've invested in this.

Regards

Andy

(I hope this doesn't get posted twice, but the original posting never made it to discussions)

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 14 SSL Certificates Single and Two Server Deployment
          grzesgbc

That's a great description. Thanks!

I want to install a custom certificate on my FileMaker server, but my server setup is not the same as in your example. Currently the full computer name in windows is not the same as the FQDN prepared for WebDirect access. The domains are different and the computer name is not the same as the subdomain in FQDN:

• subdomain name (access to WebDirect from the internet): subdomain.domain1.com
          • full computer name (Windows): computer1.domain2.com

Does the full computer name need to match the FQDN?

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 14 SSL Certificates Single and Two Server Deployment
            CICT

Hi

None of our Windows servers are named using the FQDN, they just use simple names. We believe that the FileMaker Server name in the admin console does have to be the FQDN (and can be edited after setup if needed) for FM Pro/Go clients, but this does not affect WebDirect.

I hope this helps.

Andy