AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Pro 14 - Forcing 32 bit on OSX not working as expected.

Question asked by Steve Wright on Jun 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 by Steve Wright

I'm having an issue at the moment forcing FileMaker Pro 14 into 32 bit mode on OSX and was hoping somebody may have an idea, or could it perhaps be considered a bug.

Our existing solution relies on a few plugins which are not yet x64.  I have set FileMaker Pro to run in 32 bit mode via the Get Info window although it would be nice if it could be done via the "assisted install" text file, but at least its achievable, or so I thought.

Opening FileMaker Pro directly opens in 32 bit mode, as expected.

If the .fmp12 file is opened directly via a finder window, then it opens in 32-bit mode too, great.

However, opening FileMaker Pro 14 using one of the below methods will still open in 64 bit mode and I don't know how to force it to 32 bit.

• FileMaker is opened via the popup folder view of Applications Grid or List (not a finder window)
  • The .fmp12 file is opened via the popup folder view of Applications Grid or List (not a finder window)
  • An alias to the .fmp12 file is placed in the dock (used for convenience)
  • A post install script (for my custom installer) is set to open the .fmp12 file (used for automated upgrades)
  • FileMaker Pro is opened via URL i.e fmp:/192.168.1.50/solutionfile  (not a concern for me, but may be for others)

Obviously, this is a non-issue on windows due to the separate installers.

So, I guess the question is.. is there an preference file or something else I can change to force it to always open in 32 bit mode.

Outcomes