1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 12:04 PM by dmb_fmp

FM14 - webview - PDF's

georgej

I'm in the process of evaluating FM14, part of which is working out what behaviour has changed from v13.

I make extensive use of the webviewer to view PDF's.  In v13 they displayed very nicely within webviewer, but in v14 instead of displaying in field a call is made to open the PDF in Acrobat; which is not what I wanted.

I cannot see any obvious changes or settings, but clearly this behaviour is dictated somewhere.  It would be helpful if FM did not "break" things between versions.  That aside, if anyone has come across and this issue and has a quick solution I'd be extremely grateful.

I understand the direction that FM is going with webdirect and the backend, but the upgrade to 14 is a real disappointment in terms of new features.

Many thanks.

George

• 1. Re: FM14 - webview - PDF's
          dmb_fmp

Hello - I am trying FMPA 14 for the 1st time today & had a PDF related Web Viewer issue as well - specifically a Base 64 issue on Mac running OS 10.10.3

Sometime in the last month or so I had the privilege of reading Mike Duncan's FileMaker 13: Working with Base 64 article, and I had some success with FMPA 13 learning from his example file.

However, today using FMPA 14 for the first time, I could not get part of his example file to work as it had for me in FMPA 13. The specific issue I've noticed occurs in the "Display in a Web Viewer" tab when the image file provided is a PDF.

In FMPA 13, the Web Viewer displayed a PDF, but with FMPA 14, what appears to be a loading bar shows up instead (and it stays like this indefinitely).

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.58.34 AM.png

On a related note, I did upload the example file to FMS 14, and it works fine in WebDirect for me as well as when I open the file remotely via FMPA 13. Just not FMPA 14.

Prior to posting this, I contacted Mr. Duncan about this & he indicated it still seems to work for him in FM 14. I am wondering if you gave it a try what would happen. Perhaps this issue is only affecting a select portion of users & your discussion will enable someone to lead us to a solution.