6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 3:05 AM by executor

Check box ?!

executor

In a database I have a three fields – Employee, Serial number ,Projects . One employee can participate in several Project. In Field Project I make a list of current projects and make check box. I can choose in which project, Employee is involved. But in field I wants to display only the selected projects. Not ALL. How can I do this ?

• 1. Re: Check box ?!
          erolst

1. Which tables do you have?

2. Can a project have several associated employees?

• 2. Re: Check box ?!
            rrrichie

If a user can select projects, those projects end up in a field.  Make a new value list based on that field (the one the selected projects end up in.)

• 3. Re: Check box ?!
              beverly

"Selected Project" would be the project(s) <- yes this is plural, that might be 'checked' in the field, since checkbox allow multiple entries.

Where would you like to show the selected project(s)?

Are you needing to navigate to the selected project(s)?

Are you needing to show details of the selected project(s) in some way on the same layout?

The FIELD (with the checkboxes) is just a text field formatted to show checkboxes. If you place the same field on the layout (but do NOT format as checkboxes), only the 'checked' items will be displayed in the order they were checked as return-delimited.

If you wish to have these as comma-separated, for example, instead of return-delimited, then you might create a calculation field of the field:

substitute(myfield; Char(13); ", ")

... then your 'list' will be comma-separated.

beverly

• 4. Re: Check box ?!
                executor

The FIELD (with the checkboxes) is just a text field formatted to show checkboxes. If you place the same field on the layout (but do NOT format as checkboxes), only the 'checked' items will be displayed in the order they were checked as return-delimited.

It works. I see the filed in Form View, but i want to show this field also in table view ?!

• 5. Re: Check box ?!
                  beverly

Yes, this is return-delimited and will only show first value in table view. However, you can create a calc field. Substitute ( field ; Char(13) ; ", " )

-- sent from myPhone --

Beverly Voth

--

• 6. Re: Check box ?!
                    executor

Thank you very much.