4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 1:42 PM by anatole

Using dual monitors on a Mac, can I direct a file (jpeg)  (presumably through a script) to monitor 2 while the  record remains on the primary screen?

anatole

Using dual monitors on a Mac, can I direct a file (jpeg)  (presumably through a script) to monitor 2 while the  record remains on the primary screen?

Any ideas on how to do this?

Let me explain.

On the first monitor I will have a FM record, which, as part of the information contained on that record, will offer 4 choices for further information. Each choice will have a button. What I would like is for a user to click one of the 4 buttons and have an appropriate jpeg image display on the second monitor.

I would think there is some way of doing this in FM but my searching has not come up with anything. Perhaps if this cannot be done in FM using dual monitors, is there a way of accomplishing this through FM Server? I have no server experience.

You might ask why I want to do this? This is a system for a relatively unsophisticated group of users. I want them to be able to go from record to record (through a browse search) and then access more information about the particular records which interest them without leaving the primary record page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.