2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 1:03 PM by contactmip

how to retrieve record id in the active portal

contactmip

Hi everybody,

In my Layout, I have a portal displaying on each row an image. I added 2 buttons to set the type of image that the user can manually define.

I could have set a drop list but I need something more " creative".

Image (Table MEDIA) --> button 1 (Personal)  ---> button 2 (Public)

Of course if I just make a Replace Filed Content to my portal image in table MEDIA, it will affect all images of the current main Recordset ID. I need to affect only the portal row image ID. In other word How to retreive the record ID of the active portal row when I click on the button that is inside the portal row.

How should I do that ?

• 1. Re: how to retrieve record id in the active portal
          erolst

You don't need any recordID.

If these buttons are in the portal row, then at the moment of clicking either one you are “on” that related record and can use e.g. a single step

Set Field [ Media::type ; "Personal” ], or

Set Field [ Media::type ; "Public” ]

depending on the button. (Or use a script with different script parameters).

If you use Conditional Formatting to colour the appropriate button, you don't even have to display the type field itself.

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 20.15.13.png

(Field here displayed only for demo purposes.)

• 2. Re: how to retrieve record id in the active portal
            contactmip

Thank you very much.

The thing I don't understand is that it's exactly the way I did it at first but as it wasn't working then I tried differently. I probably forgot something. Anyway, due to your help it works fine now.