AnsweredAssumed Answered

Good nuts-and-bolts how-to tutorial on client-side FM Go app deployment?

Question asked by mathematrucker on Jun 26, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 by Markus Schneider

My first entry into the mobile market is a single-screen, calculator-like app that is now ready to deploy for both iOS (as a Filemaker Go database file) and Android (as a native Android app).  Users will download the database file to their mobile device, then it opens up as a standalone app in Go (on iOS devices).  No internet access is required except to download it the first time.

From what I've read it looks like the Android deployment is going to be a breeze.  Testing it wasn't very easy since there are so many devices out there, but the rest looks pretty straightforward.

Learning Android lulled me into thinking I could learn Swift and Cocoa Touch in a similar amount of time.  Such was not the case.

So my iOS users will have to jump through hoops to get the app as a FileMaker database file after downloading FileMaker Go (or, depending on cost, I might also consider hiring an iOS developer to build an App Store version).  Again, the app is extremely basic...it doesn't even function as a database - all it is is a specialized calculator with many buttons and a few popups.

After unsuccessfully doing a fair bit of Googling and going through a book called "Easy Apps!" in search of a good, step-by-step, how-to tutorial on all aspects of uploading a FileMaker database file for mobile users to purchase online, I decided to post this here.  Any suggestions?

I have plenty of web programming experience, FileMaker experience, etc., but the only places I've ever posted anything for sale are Amazon and Smashwords.

Outcomes