0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 11:17 AM by powella

Visual C++ Redistributable Package appears to be corrupted or incompatible in 32bit FileMaker 14 install.

powella

We are trying to use the assisted install for FileMaker 14 Pro 32bit over our network to 32 bit Windows 7 Professional SP1 machines.

We are getting an error with the following DLLS:

MSVCR120

MSVCP120

(if you fix one then the other will pop up)

The error says the DLL "is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Figuring these DLLs are corrupt in our installer files. I did redownload the installer from FileMaker and replace the decompressed folders. This did not help.

There is an installer for the C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

To get this to work. We needed to install FileMaker first and then run the installer from MS using the update switch. (also works with silent or passive). I used:

vcredist_x86.exe /repair /passive /norestart

Now FileMaker will run without complaining about the DLLS. It did not work to install the C++ first. We put these commands into one bat file so the install remains one-click.

I hope this may help someone else or that FileMaker will repair the installer.

-Thank you