5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 4:29 AM by Mike_Mitchell

New FMS 14 install - web publishing stiff arm

Mike_Mitchell

Good day, all. Our server team has just put up a new installation of FMS 14 for us to work with, and it's giving us a big electronic stiff arm on web publishing, both WebDirect and CWP. When we run the technology tests, we get this:

error.png

We're using the default self-signed certificate at the moment, but it really doesn't matter, since it happens whether I try it secured or not. When I poke around looking at IIS, I get an interesting error when I try to test-browse from the app pool:

error.png

So, it screams. "permissions!", right? This seems to confirm:

dialog.png

Now, unfortunately, I'm anything but an IIS wizard. (And as far as I can tell, that's what it takes. IIS is maybe one step above reading cat entrails. If it works, it's because of black magic.) I've checked the permissions on the directory specified (the fmi-test folder down inside the web-publishing-support tree), and every account in there - including "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES", "Users" and "SYSTEM" - have read access.

Anybody smarter than I have any suggestions on maybe what the web server is grumping about?

TIA

Mike