9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 10:12 PM by breezer

DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers

laura.bowyer

Hello all!

I will be attending DevCon this year and would love to meetup and chat with any other developers that work for large corporations (internal or external). I'm specifically interested in how your dev team works with IT/Ops, how you manage your code control and your software release management.

Anyone out there?

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks soon!

Laura Bowyer

Cell:  206-226-4903

• 1. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
          lavendt

We have worked with several large companies and you are welcome to find me at DevCon for a chat.

I will be doing a session right after keynote; FileMaker GO 14 Crazy.

Could be a chat over lunch one day....

• 2. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
            wimdecorte

Hi Laura,

At devcon James Hea is presenting a topic based on his work at HSBC Bank.  Companies don't come much bigger than that. I've done work there too and more than a few of the other world's biggest corporations (banks, airlines, pharma, tech companies ...)

The main key is to embrace IT and their Ops, realizing that all of their procedures are there to mitigate risk and allow for governance.   So if you talk to them from that perspective you'll find that there is a lot of common ground.

• 3. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
              Mike_Mitchell

Hello, Laura.

You didn't say what sector you were in (or if you care), but my day job is at a large government site. It's probably a little different than most private industry, but like Wim said, large IT departments have concerns about risk management, security and governance. Look me up at DevCon (PM me if you want contact info).

Mike

• 4. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                BeatriceBeaubien

Hi Laura,

I'd be happy to chat with you and others engaged in sizeable enterprises at DevCon. I work in a large hospital, as part of an Information Services department with 250+ staff.

If you want to gather the interested in a lunch get-together, Tuesday and Thursday look good. (Wednesday is the Women of FileMaker lunch in the Nolita 1 Room at noon.)

All the best,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

i2eye, Toronto, Canada

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 13 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

On Jul 1, 2015, at 14:54, laura.bowyer <noreply@filemaker.com> wrote

DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers

created by laura.bowyer in Discussions - View the full discussion

Hello all!

I will be attending DevCon this year and would love to meetup and chat with any other developers that work for large corporations (internal or external). I'm specifically interested in how your dev team works with IT/Ops, how you manage your code control and your software release management.

Anyone out there?

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks soon!

Laura Bowyer

Cell:  206-226-4903

>

• 5. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                  laura.bowyer

Hi Claus:

That would be great! Maybe we can get a group together for all that have responded and do a lunch together. I think that might be beneficial to all.

My cell is 206-226-4903 I'll try to wrangle a day and time that works for everyone.

See you soon,

Laura

• 6. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                    laura.bowyer

Thanks Wim! I appreciate your response and letting me know about the session. Would you be interested in getting together with a group of folks for lunch to discuss big business issues?

Looking forward to seeing you,

Laura

• 7. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                      laura.bowyer

Hi Beatrice - thanks for your response. Would love to gather a group for lunch. Thanks for the dates. I'll lob them to the rest of the responders and see what we can arrange.

Thanks!

Laura

• 8. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                        taylorsharpe

Hey Laura... I used to work for the US Government being responsible for one significant database that had to meet national security standards.  I'm not out on my own running a small FM development company and having fun at it.  But I do like talking with those who work in the enterprise realm to keep up on standards to meet big corporate requirements if you wouldn't mind a former large corporate employee joining you guys.  You should just pick a lunch and location in the dinning room and announce it here and just see who shows up. 

TAYLOR

214-522-5525 (c)

• 9. Re: DevCon 2015 - meetup for large corporation developers
                          breezer

Hey Laura, definitely sounds like a great idea...I work for a Utility Authority that has done a lot in using technology to enhance the daily operations in the utility industry. Keep me posted on the date and will make myself available. Like my good friend Taylor has suggested, pick a lunch location and announce it. I would suggest getting "it"into one of the "Birds-of-a-feather" lunch table topics :-)

Thanks,

Tom