I recently listened to Kirk Bowman and Susan Fennema of Mighty Data discuss project management at their company.
I thought it would be a good exercise for me to think through and write down my process - or, what I think is my process. I thought this might be a way to quickly identify milestones.
How do you identify milestones for your projects?
Here is my list:
- Create tables and fields
- Organize layout structure
- None (user layouts are not in a folder)
- User layouts - detail
- User layouts - list
- User layouts - modal
- User layouts - iPad detail
- User layouts - iPad list
- User layouts - iPhone detail
- User layouts - iPhone list
- User layouts - Web Direct detail
- User layouts - Web Direct list
- Data layouts (one for every table)
- Design/structure relationship graph
- Build value lists
- Scripts 1 - import utility scripts
- Scripts 2 - create navigation scripts
- Menu navigation
- Related record navigation
- Scripts 3 - business logic script