AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the height in Points/Pixels for the FileMaker Status Bar and Windows 7 Taskbar?

Question asked by tm9 on Jul 7, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 by user19752

Hi,

I am working on a new layout and trying to determine the appropriate point dimensions. I used calculations with get functions to show the heights for the window, desktop height, and the status bar based on my current monitor set to a resolution of 1280 x 1024.

I have three questions.

1. What is the height in points for the FileMaker Status bar when it is shown? My calculation is telling me that all of the combined toolbar and horizontal sliders are 97. Is that correct? From toggling the status bar on and off I am guessing it is 80pts?

2. What is the height of the Windows 7 task bar? (It is currently at the bottom of my screen). I think it is 30 pts/pixels...?

3. This FileMaker article Get(WindowDesktopHeight) states that the Get ( WindowDesktopHeight ) for Windows should return 956 in Windows when there is a single monitor and its MDI is set to 1280 x 1024. The current resolution of my monitor is set to 1280 x 1024, but it is returning 952 instead of 956. Why is this off from what the FileMaker article says and why is this not 1024 as the resolution is set? (Minus the Windows task bar?). The desktop width is returning correctly.

Thank you!

Window Dimensions.JPG

Outcomes