1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 11:47 PM by mrwatson-gbs

Top Navigation bar below Header, sometimes?

BruceHerbach

I'm developing a database in 14.  It started in 13 so I wanted to try the navigation bar.  The button bar in the navigation section is actually a slider with three tabs.  The user will see a tab based on their assigned privilege set.  In 13 the bar is placed at the top of the header.  In 14 it is placed in the navigation bar on the layout displayed.  The first time the layout is displayed,  the Top Navigation bar ends up below the Header.  You can see this in the Browse.jpg attached.

Browse.jpg

The Layoutmode.jpg shows the actual placement.

Layoutmode.jpg

Navigating to another layout and then coming back will eventually get the Top navigation bar to show at the top.  Once it appears in the correct place it always appears in the correct position.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm not convinced that this is actually a bug, but more of an issue with the slider containing the buttons.

I have two fixes for this.  First/simple,  drop the top Navigation bar and put the button slide at the top of the header.  That's where it started.

Second is to redo the buttons using the new FM14 button bar and remove the slider.

So this is a possible gotcha when moving from 13 to 14.