1) IIS on Windows, Apache on Mac
2) Yes, IIS on both machines. Leave the default web site that IIS installs in place, just do a stock IIS installation. The FMS installation will add its parts
3) Yes, as part of the FMS installation you can set those ports
4) you don't have to install anything, the FMS installer will do that.
5) not sure I understand. The FMS installation is two parts: the installation itself and the deployment wizard. It is in the deployment wizard that you set the things like the ports and choose a 1-machine or 2-machine configuration, and when choosing the 2-machine option that is where you get to connect to the worker machine.
Oh and you might find this thread interesting in case you do not have access to the internet for the Windows machine that you install FMS on:
If you do have internet access the installer itself should take care of everything automatically.
That helps.Thank you so much.
I have another question and please find it below:
1. In the current Filemaker Server 11, we have installed IIS only on the web server and not on the database server.
Kindly confirm - Whether can I install the IIS only in the web server of Filemaker Server 14.
That was #2 in my original answer: yes: install IIS on both machines.
Ok. Thank You
During the installation, I am planning to use the user account as Local System (Windows).
Kindly confirm -There would be no impact when i install using the above mentioned account.
What kind of impact are you worried about?
The Local System account is the default and most secure way to deploy.