2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 10:36 AM by derlandson

Save as pdf from Preview

derlandson

Having trouble with a script that is supposed to make multiple pdfs from a set of found records.  The records are viewed in a layout that can show a preview of the pdf, however the pdf has a header in the layout that gathers the appropriate records based on a sub-summary related to an ID number.  In the save as pdf script step the only choices are to save records being browsed, current record or blank record.  When I run the script with one ID number the pdf (sometimes multiple pages) is generated fine.  The problem is when there is a group of individuals and there should be multiple pdf's generated based on different IDs.  I either get one big pdf with all info in it (records being browsed) or a truncated pdf with not enough info in it (current record).  What am I missing here??  Do I really need to view these records one at a time and save the pdf for each?  Guess I am looking for a way to loop through these records and save each appropriate one (based on ID) as a pdf.

Hope this is clear.

dan

• 1. Re: Save as pdf from Preview
          erolst

derlandson wrote:

Guess I am looking for a way to loop through these records and save each appropriate one (based on ID) as a pdf.

One way to do that:

Create a summary field as Count of primaryKey, and write a script like

# [ find your records ]

# [ sort by sub-summary break field ]

Go to Record/Request [ first ]

Loop

Set Variable [

$nextGroupAt ;

Get ( RecordNumber ) +

GetSummary ( sCountOfPrimaryKey ; subSummaryBreakField )

]

New Window

Find Matching Records [ subSummaryBreakField ; Replace ]

Save Records as PDF [ … ]

Close Window

Exit Loop if [ $nextGroupAt > Get ( FoundCount ]

Go to Record/Request [ no dialog ; by calculation: $nextGroupAt ]

End Loop

• 2. Re: Save as pdf from Preview
            derlandson

Perfect solution!  Thanks!

dan