6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 7:30 PM by cabnetdesigner@yahoo.com

Av and Blue tooth

cabnetdesigner@yahoo.com

At Devcon we learned that you could control the audio volume and even do a count thru filemaker using blue tooth buttons on a head set ect.. Is there anyway that you could enter a value viva blue tooth into a field.   Like from a lazier.  Hope Hope  This would be of great value.

• 1. Re: Av and Blue tooth
          lavendt

You can get input from a Blue-Tooth device, if this device is setup to be a HID device profile.

In other words, it operates as a Human Interface Device - meaning that if a human could enter an input, then it can go into a field. That is how barcode scanners and RFID scanners work, like the ones I showed at my session about FileMaker Go 14 Crazy.

You can use a Blue-Tooth keyboard to get input into a field. Depending on what you need, you can, with a Blue-tooth audio controls, like the ones you find on headsets, capture that input and script what it should mean.

• 2. Re: Av and Blue tooth
            cabnetdesigner@yahoo.com

So the dimensions sent from a lazier measuring devise probably would not work

• 3. Re: Av and Blue tooth
              lavendt

It is possibly to get output from a laser distance measurement instrument like some of Leica's models. However, that would take some more work in order to make that happen...

Sincerely / Venlig hilsen

Claus Lavendt

Sent from my iPhone

Tel: +45 30 11 99 62

Den 28/07/2015 kl. 04.05 skrev cabnetdesigner <noreply@filemaker.com>:

Av and Blue tooth

reply from cabnetdesigner in Discussions - View the full discussion

So the dimensions sent from a lazier measuring devise probably would not work

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Av and Blue tooth in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2015 • Las Vegas, Nevada • July 20-23 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 4. Re: Av and Blue tooth
                cabnetdesigner@yahoo.com

The Leica's are what I am working with, how difficult is it to get info from them

• 5. Re: Av and Blue tooth
                  lavendt

There are 2 ways; a native app, that can send data to FMGO or a device, that translate SPP into HID. Not a beginners task, but possible to do.

• 6. Re: Av and Blue tooth
                    cabnetdesigner@yahoo.com

I'm not a beginner, but I'm not great ether.   I could maybe get Bob H to help me with it