2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 12:33 PM by electon

Auto fill or auto complete address look up from google.

info@aquajoy.com.au

We enter heaps of warranty card information with atrocious hand writing on most of them. An autocomplete / TypeAhead feature will make it heaps easier to make sure we get these details right. I'm sure heaps of people would benefit from this.

There is a great example of it here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/places-autocomplete-addressform

• 1. Re: Auto fill or auto complete address look up from google.
          steveromig

Andrew Bourke wrote:

We enter heaps of warranty card information with atrocious hand writing on most of them. An autocomplete / TypeAhead feature will make it heaps easier to make sure we get these details right. I'm sure heaps of people would benefit from this.

There is a great example of it here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/places-autocomplete-addressform

Not 100% sure what you are asking for here.

FileMaker Pro supports auto-complete in both Browse and Find modes based on data that has been previously entered into the field or based on values in a value list.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Auto fill or auto complete address look up from google.
            electon

The google API is managed by Google. They have the data and server power to get you the results in a blink of an eye.

FileMaker isn't really in the business of mapping the world and geocoding, but works well if you want to build the API into your solution. If you suggest that FMI and Google partner up, then I don't know. It didn't work out with Apple and Google Maps.

You can use the API that returns data in JSON. with the free BaseElements plugin getting and parsing the results is a breeze.

The feature I'm looking for is an auto dropdown list where we can pull the results in dynamically, while still being able to type..

Unfortunately this one is complicated, these features are a library on their own in html.