2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 12:11 PM by allseal

Please Help FM6

allseal

I have been using FM6 for many years. It was all already coded when I started.  I'm having a problem getting my 1 field to work.  We have a cust file and cust19 and also open cust.  When I'm in Open cust and try to enter a new record it's not showing the cust name, address, etc.  the phone number is the only field that shows.  It used to show everything.  I can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was.  Can anyone help?

Also, I have the license keys to upgrade to FM14.  I know I need to upgrade to FM11 1st and then to FM14.  Do I just upgrade the server to FM11 or do I have to upgrade all the workstations too?

thanks for any help.  FM is easy to use when it's already set up but I know enough to get myself into trouble.

• 1. Re: Please Help FM6
          Mike_Mitchell

Yes, you have to go through version 11 to get to version 14. No, you don't have to upgrade your server, or even all the clients. You just need one copy of version 11 to do the conversion from .fp5 to .fp7. You can then proceed with the next conversion to .fmp12 through version 14 (which everyone, server included, will need).

As to your question regarding missing data, it sounds like either there's a relationship that's broken or the lookups (perhaps?) that are supposed to populate the name and address information have been tampered with. It could be that, since this is showing up when you enter a new record, that that proper key field isn't being inserted either in the file you're working in or in the file you're attempting to read data from. That's the first place I would look.

HTH

Mike

• 2. Re: Please Help FM6
            allseal

Thank you.  I will see if I can find it.  It's hard not knowing the program that well.