1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 6:32 AM by CICT

Another Script Workspace Bug?

AllegroDataSolutions

So, I'm trying -- with increasing difficulty -- to work around the Script Workspace craziness that prevents me from reordering script steps. (If I select a line and try to move it up or down, FileMaker maddeningly moves it somewhere else, or moves a different line entirely.) I created new empty scripts to serve as a scratch pad, where I perfect sections of code before copying and pasting them into what will be the final script.

I am finding that, if I copy more than 21 lines of code, when I paste into another script, it's truncated to just the first 21 lines. Really? Is this now too much for FileMaker to handle? Honestly, I don't know a single Windows app that imposes this type of limitation. I have the 64-bit version of FMA installed on a machine with 6GB of RAM that is slower and buggier than FMA 11 on 32-bit Windows XP with 1GB of RAM. Who considers this progress? I don't have a single client who thinks the "improvements" to FileMaker since then are worth this kind of trade off.

I am getting so fed up with the poor performance and instability of this release in particular, that I am holding off on version 14 updates to all my Made-for-FileMaker solutions. There is simply no point in working on them now. I have only one client using version 14 -- and only because the performance of Web Direct in version 13 was so abysmal that they had to upgrade for their web users to do anything useful with their solution. But the trade-off, especially in not being able to e-mail (see other thread for all the reasons why the proposed workarounds are unacceptable to the client) are almost not worth it. Couple that with the Made-for-FileMaker portion of the FM web site being down for who-knows-how-long and not a bit of compensation for the sales it cost me -- (not even an e-mail to registered FMP users to tell them the site is back up) and it makes me wonder if FMI is just trying to kill off all its professional developers. I have never seen affiliate relations this low and negative feedback from my clients so intense.

What is going on with this people? I mean, it's not like they aren't getting prompt, precise, feedback telling them exactly what they need to do to keep their customers.

1 2 Previous Next