gfr92y

Refreshing a Portal

Discussion created by gfr92y on Aug 4, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 by DaveArndt

I have a portal that I will call LIST OF CUSTOMERS. (Photos #1 & 2)

My desire is to type the first few letters of a company's name in the global field CallReport::ChooseCustomer and click on a red square button (Photo #4) to populate the portal LIST OF CUSTOMERS with an alpha-sort of my customers' names starting with Customer2::CustomerName >= CallReport::ChooseCustomer at the top and ending with Zywux on the bottom.

Everything works PERFECT except the portal does not refresh such that  Customer2::CustomerName >= CallReport::ChooseCustomer is listed in the first row of the portal no matter how many times I click on the red square button! (The top-left red arrows on Photo #3 signify repeated attempts to refresh the portal.)

However, if I first click on any field, for example, in the field Additional Information shown on the right half of Photo #3, then I need only click on the red square button once for the portal to refresh and list the customer name satisfying Customer2::CustomerName >= CallReport::ChooseCustomer in the first row as desired.

I would be grateful if someone can tell me how to changing my programming such that after typing the first 3 or 4 letters of the company's name in the global field CallReport::ChooseCustomer I could then click on the red square button causing the portal to refresh and produce the desired outcome.

That said, it would be really cool if I could type "K" and K-Line, the first "K" company would be in the first row; type "L" and Kline would now occupy the first row; type "O" and Kloke would grace the first row.

However, if the it too complicated for me to understand, using the little red square button is just fine.

Thank you for any assistance you could provide me.

Sincerely,

Joe

Portal6.png

Relations6.png

ButtonPush6.png

ButtonStepUp6.png

Outcomes