3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 8:09 AM by ariley

Login procedure FMS 14 webdirect

user16545

Hi,

We installed a custom certificate in FMS14.
      Previously the default FM14 Website showed the published databases and you had to select a specific database and then enter Account & password.

Now for unknown reasons users are forced to enter the account and password first to get access to the webdirect homepage.

The users are then automatically logged in to the first database.

It is no longer possible to select a specific database on the homepage.

The server login is at the same time the application login.

We would like to achieve a situation where users first select a database from the homepage and the enter their accoutn and password.

Does anybody know where this login procedure can be managed?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Login procedure FMS 14 webdirect
          MattLeach

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is if the option in FileMaker Server is on for "List only the databases each user is authorized to access"

This would force users to enter their credentials prior to showing them databases. At least that's how it works in FMP, webdirect could be different2015-08-04_11-56-02.jpg

• 2. Re: Login procedure FMS 14 webdirect
            user16545

Perfect analysis MattLeach! That was the cause.

I indeed changed that setting as well as part during the installation of the certificate.
            I thought that users still would have to select one of those datases and then login.

Apparently Filemaker developers had other ideas of security than I have.

Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Login procedure FMS 14 webdirect
              ariley

That's actually a good security measure to have. You don't want people to see all the databases they have no access to. FileMaker, Inc. is trying to follow the standards that are in the web world. Any website that you log into would show you content you are allowed to see. That is standard procedure.