2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 9:19 AM by MicheleOlson

FMServer 14 Installs two places at one time??

MicheleOlson

I am installing FileMaker Server 14 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 new computer for a client. It is a remote installation that I VPN into and then use a Microsoft Remote Desktop connection to access the new server.

All went well with the installation until the very end when the FMS would not start itself because a second copy of FMS14 with the same license key was found on the network. Both copies were disabled - would not serve files.

Looking into Server Manager, I find that the computer server has two IP addresses.

I installed and opened FMPro14 on the server and find FMServer is installed into both IP address with the same name I gave it during setup - which I am fairly sure is unique - in other words, if a second copy of FMS was installed within the network, it would not have the same name that I gave it.

Looking into the All Servers Events (Server Manager), the error is 508 and stated that another copy if already running with this license.

The question is how or why does a "double-install" happen? Is it possible to uninstall from one of the IP addresses and leave the one intact that was to be used for the server?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Michele