August 10th, 2015, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 for FileMaker Pro 14.
What is Troi Text Plug-in?
Troi Text Plug-in is a powerful tool for for dealing efficiently with text in your FileMaker Pro database. It adds the following functions to FileMaker Pro:
- Parse XML text into fields
- Combine sets from 2 text fields:Get (unique) lines and sort words and lines
- get all lines that are the same
- get all lines that differ
- and other combinations
- Make a text sum from a related file that updates without a script
What is new in version 3.5?
Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 offers the following changes:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: on OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Text.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Text.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Added the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, with support for the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Tested with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Windows 8.x.
- Troi Text Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server. The plug-in creates log files when running under FileMaker Server to make troubleshooting easier and to provide feedback regarding errors and registration status.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the TrText_Version function to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch -GetPluginInstallPath to the TrText_Version function to return the path where the plug-in is installed.
- Added new switch -UnregisterPlugin to TrText_Version to remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in the unregistered state after this.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Converted the example files to .fmp12 format and made various changes to the example files.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/texthistory.html
- Receive client information in XML format and parse it easily into your database
- Find all addresses you want to send an email to, without sending duplicates
- Create an index for a book, which is updated automatically
- Keep track of your client relations by generating a dynamic history of activities
- Present portal information horizontally
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional version of Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/textplugin.html.
Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Advanced 12, 13 or 14. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Text Plug-in 3.5 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13 and 14 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 259.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after February 1st, 2015, are FREE: eligible users will be emailed a new registration string. Contact us if you have not received yours after August 12th, 2015. Upgrades from licenses bought before February 1st, 2015, are available from US$ 29 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: