7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 6:51 AM by DanielShanahan

Script to change the weather

malachydevlin

sorry I know its a total waste of this valuable resource but in Ireland it has been raining for the last 4 weeks solid, its bashing my office window at the moment and I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself into the depths of this huge FileMaker solution I am working on.

So all you people enjoying more "feel good" weather should maybe feel a little better after reading this.

• 1. Re: Script to change the weather
          intex

Put that on the wishlist for FileMaker 15 - I will add "Script to print money with options Euro or Dollar".

In Germany weather has been great at least for the most days since May. We even had plus 40 degrees centigrade, which is quite unnormal here.

• 2. Re: Script to change the weather
            rrrichie

Imagine a blue sky and feel the sun shine on your face.  Really experience that sun shining on your face and the universe will listen!

Don't ask for sun of sunshine, the universe knows nothing of time.

Experience that sun and blue sky right now!  Think of that great beach holiday you had.

Loop

ExitLoop If (sun is shining outside or sky is blue)

SetHumanSenses (sunshine, yellow, blue, warmth)

SetHumanEmotion (happy)

end Loop

SendMessageToOperator ("smile")

• 3. Re: Script to change the weather
              malachydevlin

And with that the grey clouds moved and a blink of lunchtime sun came.

keep the faith.

Ok lets get back to earning some money.

Motivation when self employed is the constant enemy.

thanks all..

• 4. Re: Script to change the weather
                electon

I'm sure by the time you're done your solution will be rain proof.

In hot countries nothing ever gets done, it always tomorrow.

Thank goodness we have holidays. In Holland it often rains cats and dogs.

In Croatia where I'm at this lucky moment, people complain it's too hot.

• 5. Re: Script to change the weather
                  schermpeter

Here we really could use some of that rain... The ground is so dry, it has not rained properly since december.

So FileMaker needs a command to move the rain. I'll try to write a plug-in for it in the mean time.

• 6. Re: Script to change the weather
                    beverly

LOL! You can have some of our rain here in the Forest. The creeks have been high most of the summer! Although I think the fish love it. So, never mind...

beverly

On Aug 10, 2015, at 9:38 AM, Peter:

So FileMaker needs a command to move the rain. I'll try to write a plug-in for it in the mean time.

• 7. Re: Script to change the weather
                      DanielShanahan

While traveling around the Emerald Isle many years ago, I read a book "Around Ireland with a Fridge".  I thnk it was in there that I read how to tell weather in Ireland:

"If you can't see the mountains in the distance then it is raining.

If you can see the mountains in the distance, then it is going to rain."

Not much consolation, I'm afraid.