AnsweredAssumed Answered

Payment to Multiple Invoices

Question asked by steveoh on Aug 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 by steveoh

So I'm working on an old database and trying to add new functionality to it.  Something I Would like to do is to establish a method of applying a single payment to multiple invoices.

It's probably the essential many to many scenario that has a lot of new developers scratching their heads.  This is what I have so far:

[Payment] - - - - [Customer] - - - - [Invoices]

I figured having an intermediary table would assist with the dealing with the many to many.  I am having issues, however, applying payments from "Payment" to "Invoices".    I can't seem to copy text the script itself and the file, as stated, is a currently used database so some of the information is live.  I've rewritten this so if theres errors it's likely they're of a transposing nature.  I left out a few debugging dialog boxes I added for my purpose and things of that nature.

The problem lies somewhere in this area of code.  I can't get it to store any values, I've used custom dialog boxes that tell me the running balance of each variable and so I know those aren't the issue.

CODE

Set Variable[$Payment; Value:Payments::Principal Owed + Payments::Extra] //Set these separately for another reason we won't go into

Set Variable[$PaymentBalance; Value: "0"]  //Initiating Variable for later use

Set Variable[$BalanceOwed; Value:Invoices::BalanceOwed]

If[$Invoices > 0]  //test if there's still money owed with invoices

If[$Payment > $BalanceOwed]

Go to Related Record [(from invoices using layout _)] //Left out names as they didn't seem relevant

Loop

Set Variable[$PaymentBalance; Value:$payment - Invoices::BalancePaid]

Set Field [Invoices::totalPaid; $Payment - $BalanceOwed

Set Variable[$Payment; Value:$PaymentBalance]

Set Variable[$BalanceOwed; Value:Invoices::BalanceOwed]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last] //Move to next invoice is the intention here

Exit Loop If [ $Payment = 0 ]

Exit Loop If [ Sum ( Invoices::BalancePaid ) = 0 ]

End Loop

Else If [$Payment < $BalanceOwed]

Go to Related Record [(from invoices using layout _)] //Left out names as they didn't seem relevant

Set Field [Invoices::totalPaid; Value:Invoices::BalanceOwed - $payment]

End If

Else If [$BalanceOwed = 0]

//Not the problem area//

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Outcomes