7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 10:10 PM by nickorr

Anyone have any experience using the Base Elements free plugin BE_SMTP functions?

dougalder

Base Elements free plugin is great. I have used it before to move files around on the desktop. Just started to work with their new SMTP mail functions.

Their Wiki (https://github.com/GoyaPtyLtd/BaseElements-Plugin/wiki/Functions) doesn’t list the new functions yet.

I am able to get a basic email sending, but I am having 2 issues:

1) the body text is ignoring carriage returns — I have tried standard FileMaker carriage return symbol, <br>, code(10), code(13). What am I missing?

PastedGraphic-21.png

2) difficulties attaching a file — Get(TemporaryPath)&"2015-08-11-filename.pdf” stops the email from going out.

I have the following set up:

Set Variable $FileName to a calculated file name such as "2015-08-10-filename.pdf"

Set Variable $FullPath to get(temporarypath)&$FileName

Set Variable $MailServer to

BE_SMTP_Send ( Mass Emailer Master::From Email Address ; Settings Master::gAdmin~EmailAddress ; $Subject ; $Body ; ""; ""; ""; "”;  $FullPath)

//BE_SMTP_Send ( from ; to ; subject ; text { ; cc ; bcc ; replyTo ; html ; attachments } )

Adding the path to the BE_SMTP_Send function kills the message sending. Presumably the formatting is not correct somehow.

How does one reference a file attachment AND have the mail message send?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Doug