6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 6:24 PM by itraining

File:Sharing:Upload to FileMaker Server... ERROR Connection Failed

itraining

Question:

Using the Upload to FileMaker Server command, selecting the server, typing my Admin Console credentials and clicking Next invokes a "Connection failed" error. What tiny setting is the server admin (IT guy) missing?

Background:

(a) Launch Center: In the Launch Center, the FileMaker Server host name is entered as a Favorite Host. Selecting the host correctly displays the hosted FMServer_Sample database on the server and it can be opened successfully. No authentication was required so FileMaker must have used my Windows 7 login credentials to authenticate to the FileMaker Server.

(b) Admin Console: using Chrome I can successfully log into the Admin Console and open, close, remove the FMServer_Sample database.

(c) Upload to FileMaker Server dialog box: Insecure connection is displayed next to the Host Address and the title bar displays an icon, padlock with exclamation mark, which indicates the connection is encrypted without the verification from a third-party certificate. The SSL certificate for FileMaker Server cannot be verified. The help page is below.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11957/kw/Upload%20to%20FileMaker%20Server

Technical Specifications:

- FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 (64 bit)

- Windows 7 (64 bit) domain managed computer

- FileMaker Server 14 running on virtualised Windows 2012 Server

Appreciate any suggestions to troubleshoot the connection failure when attempting to upload a database to the server.

Michael Richards

Brisbane (Australia)