2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 10:38 AM by bgusmao

Gym Class Assignment and Payment

bgusmao

Hi, I did the Guy Stevens tutorial about Attendance, and it is excelent!
      I have a problem of unifying things. =-) As I am not a programmer.

So, what I need to do.

1. Register my New Student with his information (its ok)

2. Assign this Student to an existing class. Like "Math-7am"

3. Monthly and automatically have a Debt for this student, so I can see who needs to pay. And when he pays, I just make it a green ok flag for him. And he becomes part of this month paid students.

I am doing the opposite. I receive the payment then i add this student and payment manually.

Can someone help with a link for any tutorial or example? Oh, I am using Filemaker 14.

Thanks in advance.

Bruno

• 1. Re: Gym Class Assignment and Payment
          steveromig

Bruno Gusmao wrote:

Hi, I did the Guy Stevens tutorial about Attendance, and it is excelent!
          I have a problem of unifying things. =-) As I am not a programmer.

So, what I need to do.

1. Register my New Student with his information (its ok)

2. Assign this Student to an existing class. Like "Math-7am"

3. Monthly and automatically have a Debt for this student, so I can see who needs to pay. And when he pays, I just make it a green ok flag for him. And he becomes part of this month paid students.

I am doing the opposite. I receive the payment then i add this student and payment manually.

Can someone help with a link for any tutorial or example? Oh, I am using Filemaker 14.

Thanks in advance.

Bruno

Bruno -

This is a fairly big, specific ask so it is unlikely that someone has a link to a tutorial that will specifically answer your questions.

What you are describing is a pretty basic STUDENTS > CLASSES > PAYMENT scenario so starting with those three tables, plus any additional tables you might need, seems like a good starting place.  Where you go from there really depends on what specifically you want to do.  As you will find from working with FileMaker Pro is that there are many ways to tackle a given problem and it really boils down to what makes sense for you as the developer and your customers.

You might benefit from checking out the FileMaker Training Series as they have several examples in there that are similar to what you are looking for and would provide you with another information to fill in the gaps yourself.  The "Basics" part of the training is a free download and will likely aid you in answering some, if not all, of the questions you are asking.

http://www.filemaker.com/learning/training/fts.html

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Gym Class Assignment and Payment
            bgusmao

Thanks Steve,

I will surely read it.

The process is one dependent of the other. I mean: I already have table with Classes Name, Time it occur, Teacher and Value.

Then I have a table with Students.

Finally I thought about joining a table with Payments. So When I applied a Student to a Class, it would appear automatically each and every month in this Payment table as a result of the STUDENT / CLASS Tables...

If anyone has any idea, thanks.

While that I will continue studying here. THANKS!!!