5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 8:56 PM by steveromig

FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5

taylorsharpe

I have avoided upgrading my FMS servers from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 because I know FMS 14.0v2 has problems with it.  So I have been waiting for v3 to come out.  Just yesterday I noticed 10.10.5 is now out and still nothing from FileMaker on a v3.  If 14.0v2 does not work with 10.10.4, I suspect it will have issues with 10.10.5.  Has anyone tried installing FMS 14.0v2 on a Mac with 10.10.5?  It seems a bit unusual that FMS is behind two Apple OS patches. 

• 1. Re: FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5
          steveromig

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

I have avoided upgrading my FMS servers from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 because I know FMS 14.0v2 has problems with it.  So I have been waiting for v3 to come out.  Just yesterday I noticed 10.10.5 is now out and still nothing from FileMaker on a v3.  If 14.0v2 does not work with 10.10.4, I suspect it will have issues with 10.10.5.  Has anyone tried installing FMS 14.0v2 on a Mac with 10.10.5?  It seems a bit unusual that FMS is behind two Apple OS patches.

There are?

Server bugs are not my area of expertise but I haven't seen or heard of any red flags being waved to stay away from 10.10.3 or 10.10.4 if running FileMaker Server 14.0.2.

Can you share some specifics on what you have seen / heard?

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5
            taylorsharpe

I posted a question about compatibility with 10.10.4 on July 1st.  Peren confirmed that technically the "fmserverd process works, but that the admin server process wasn't "happy" on his system and he was having to do everything by command line (fmsadmin....).  There were no responses after this and no patches that came out, so I was avoiding that upgrade.  But I would like to be assured that in general it is supported and works before I make the upgrade to 10.10.4 or 10.10.5.  Thanks for any input.  I'm just being cautious before jumping. 

• 3. Re: FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5
              steveromig

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

I posted a question about compatibility with 10.10.4 on July 1st.  Peren confirmed that technically the "fmserverd process works, but that the admin server process wasn't "happy" on his system and he was having to do everything by command line (fmsadmin....).  There were no responses after this and no patches that came out, so I was avoiding that upgrade.  But I would like to be assured that in general it is supported and works before I make the upgrade to 10.10.4 or 10.10.5.  Thanks for any input.  I'm just being cautious before jumping.

I'll go back and look for that post but I suspect that is unique to his setup and not a global issue or we'd be hearing about it a lot more.

As far as I am concerned, there is no FileMaker Server 14 related reason not to update to 10.10.5.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5
                taylorsharpe

Steve,

I've upgraded my development machine to 10.10.5 and it frozen on the reboot.  Mac Pro upgrading from 10.10.3.  But manually restarted it and everything came up fine.  Admin console shows everything normal including 3rd party cert and EARing.  And all files are opening just fine. 

So it looks good to me and no reason to not upgrade that I can see.  Just thought I'd report what I've found. 

• 5. Re: FMS 14.0v2 and Mac OS X 10.10.4 and 5
                  steveromig

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

Steve,

I've upgraded my development machine to 10.10.5 and it frozen on the reboot.  Mac Pro upgrading from 10.10.3.  But manually restarted it and everything came up fine.  Admin console shows everything normal including 3rd party cert and EARing.  And all files are opening just fine.

So it looks good to me and no reason to not upgrade that I can see.  Just thought I'd report what I've found.

Thanks for the update / information and good to hear that everything is working as expected.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.