1 2 3 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 7:28 PM by texas0478

Mac users unable to save PDFs to disk.

jgalt

For the past few months I have been running into an issue with a couple of Mac users. They are frequently unable to save pdf files to disk. Quitting FileMaker and reopening it temporarily fixes the problem...but then it starts happening again.

I have read a few places that this is a known and reported bug that started with FMP 13. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

The exact error is: "my_file_name_8_17_2015.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use  a different disk."

We have been experiencing this problem since FileMaker Pro 13. Now the same errors and FileMaker 14. I can't say with absolute certainty but it appears that the problem started occurring after the users upgraded to Yosemite.

The script that we are using is 3 years old and we have been using daily to save thousands of PDF files with no issues.

The file name only contains letters, numbers an underscores. No spaces or illegal characters.

I have repaired permissions on the disk to ensure that there are not any write permission issues.

My users are growing increasingly frustrated because that cannot perform their jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 2 3 Previous Next