NickLightbody

Losing partially written posts in Jive

Discussion created by NickLightbody on Aug 19, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by user19752

In the old FM developer site, if you started a post but didn't finish it, and then it disappeared, when you tried to do it again it recovered what had appeared lost.

In Jive this does not seem to happen.

Several times recently I have spent some time writing a post, in this case I had spent half an hour explaining how to do server scripting the right way, than a distraction occurs and when I return my half hour's contribution to the community is gone - never to return - so far as I can see?

This very annoying behaviour appears to discourage substantial posts on technical subjects since one can rarely complete such things without distraction.

OK, I guess I should compose in a test editor and paste it in but that is less likely to occur than my thinking "OK, I help someone on that question" and just replying there and then.

To me this is significant weakness that needs addressing - or perhaps I am missing something and require immediate enlightenment?

Cheers - unhappily - Nick

BTW: I noticed on this post, as a "thread starter", there was a message at the bottom about it having been autosaved. I have never noticed such a message on a "reply"? Perhaps Jive does protect the "thread starter" but not the replies?

Outcomes