1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 2:11 PM by CarstenLevin

FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???

taylorsharpe

Rumors are that FileMaker Inc. has changed their sales staff around again. 

Maybe they will post who is who so we know who to contact.  I think its posted in the FBA area. 

It seemed for years and years things were the same and it was really convenient for the FBA members.  But all this changing regularly is not so friendly. 

For my 2 cents, it would be nice if FM wouldn't change staff around so much. 

• 1. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
          Fred(CH)

It seemed for years and years things were the same and it was really convenient for the FBA members.  But all this changing regularly is not so friendly. 

For my 2 cents, it would be nice if FM wouldn't change staff around so much.

Dear Taylor,

I am almost sure everyone do agree your statements above, FMI also.

Thus, if theses changes are confirmed, they had to be necessary.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
            intex

Perhaps version 14 is too hard to sell ...

If Filemaker had less bugs, were far more innovative and more affordable they wouldn´t need so many sales people at all ...

• 3. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
              wimdecorte

There was the very first FBA Connect webinar meeting yesterday and it clearly stated who to contact... not sure if the webinar will be available as a recording in the FBA area.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                Markus Schneider

for europe, the webinar will be on sept. 3. - could be that the webinars will be available after sept. 3...

• 5. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                  beverly

FBA or not FBA, I have never met a "new FMI" person that I haven't liked.

Look at the changes of admins on this forum. All very good people & we have a great one now. Thanks, Mark!

I miss the past fmi people, sure, but after years of connections via FMI, they are still nice people and connections can be elsewhere.

beverly

On Aug 21, 2015, at 7:03 AM, wimdecorte wrote in whole or in part

There was the very first FBA Connect webinar meeting yesterday and it clearly stated who to contact... not sure if the webinar will be available as a recording in the FBA area.

• 6. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                    CarstenLevin

You can definitely sell FileMaker 14 to me and my team of dedicated developers. FileMaker 14, 15 and 16!

• 7. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                      CarstenLevin

That said that the recording and the presentations would be available to the FBA members. At least if I did not get it wrong.

• 8. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                        taylorsharpe

Fred(CH) wrote:

Dear Taylor,

I am almost sure everyone do agree your statements above, FMI also.

Thus, if theses changes are confirmed, they had to be necessary.

We all know the only thing we truly count on is change.  My experience as an FBA member was that things were very simple for a very long time.  I had one sales rep, Linda Cambarari, and everything went off like clock work.  I made orders, received PO's, licenses, and Invoices in a timely fashion.  In the last say 3-4 years, a lot of changes have happened in the sales staff.  I'm sure these changes were made with intent to improve.  But as an FBA member, what I do know is that there is always a learning curve when the new staff begin working with my team.  I have to say the staff I have worked with have all been very nice and polite.  But this last year or so, I had to take to calling Stephan Laidlaw in collections to periodically check and see if I had outstanding invoices because I could not count on having received those invoices from sales.  And I just don't pay for things without an invoice.  Mr. Laidlaw was very helpful, but I shouldn't have to call him.  Another thing is the advanced notice of licenses expiring is now up to 3 months lead time and when we get those sales calls, they are expecting us to renew then.  I know, the FileMaker sales staff are being pushed harder to make sales quicker, but...... 

The webinar yesterday had some good direction such as the direction of being able to do more with the online store.  What I would really like is to be able to log in and see what POs and invoices I have and a list of upcoming expirations.  The reason given in the webinar for rearranging sales staff this time was to reduce the number of contacts you needed down to 3 or 4.  But reading between the lines, it seems like they are now making 3 or 4 people do a lot more work than before.  This makes me wonder if they are putting more work on a smaller staff, will my sales support be more difficult.  Hopefully not, but those are the kinds of things I think of when given those statements.  They sound great until you think about them.  Then again, I may be wrong and this really will be an improvement.  Just thinking out loud. 

I do not doubt that FileMaker is trying to do a better job with their sales and marketing.  But when I see such changes and they happen often and there often seems to be some resulting inconvenience for me, I wonder if this is just being done so that a high up marketing person is just getting credit for change or if this really is change for the better. 

The other side of things is to remember that as an FBA person, quite often we are the people driving sales.  My clients buy software and upgrade when I tell them it is appropriate and that is why I am their consultant.  Any tools FileMaker can give me to make those sales happen is appreciated.  Improved online access to ordering, sales history, POs, invoices, will help me do a better job with my sales and improvements in that direction in particular will be appreciated. 

Fred, I certainly hope these changes really were necessary or are a way of improving things, and that the cynical side of me is not correct in asking if these changes really were not necessary and may adversely impact my business because it has happened in the past. 

Hopefully this is a step forward and time will tell. After all, it is in our best interest when sales and marketing at FileMaker is working in a mutually beneficial way with FBA members. 

• 9. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

What I would really like is to be able to log in and see what POs and invoices I have and a list of upcoming expirations.

I think we all need this as soon as possible.

• 10. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                            Fred(CH)

Thank you for you detailed answer. Well... you just enlarged the debate, which is surely a good thing !!!

As Markus said, the european FBA Connect webinar was unfortunately delayed. But because this new thread, it sounds like the FBA Connect was not exactly the better place to debate or submitting suggestions...

So i think theses thought and concern should be discussed on this community site, FBA's section, with the hope we can have a real discussion with concerned person at FMI and other FBA members.

Dont know how it is in the US part, but unfortunately, in French part, the FBA's section is just deserted by FMI. Sounds like there is not any concerned staff in France...

As a positive note, i am almost sure the situation is far better in your side of Atlantic .

And another one, is our sale representative here, Mrs Martine Hauer, is here is with us since a lot of time and she is really efficient and kind .

• 11. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                              jrenfrew

Fewer. Not less.

• 12. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                                Markus Schneider

at FileMaker GmbH, Munich, at least one person is french - might be helpfull

• 13. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                                  mark_baum

Thanks, Bev -- what a nice comment to come across on Friday morning -- always a pleasure to work with you too!  I want to give a shout-out to Anne Anderson whom I trust will do great things in her new role working with the FBA community. Cheers -- Mark

• 14. Re: FileMaker Inc Sales Staff changing again???
                                    beverly

Woo Hoo! welcome Anne

beverly

1 2 Previous Next