1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 9:39 AM by schamblee

Why? : The file xx could not be opened. (Not Open)

wfgclapp

FM Server 14, Go14, ProA 14

I'm pretty new to FM. I have a Go app that's been out in the wild with our employees for several months now. We see this error fairly often upon opening. I can't discern any rhyme or reason as to why it comes up. Sometimes I can have been out of the file for minutes, sometimes it won't show up for an hour or two.

I am using Save to Keychain for my file credentials but this also happened before I started using Keychain. This was happening on 13 before I upgraded to 14 as well.

I realize this could be happening for a myriad of reasons, but I'm hoping someone might can point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting.

And as I mentioned, I'm new to FM so there's no telling what screwy thing I have in my file or what basic housekeeping design I have not included in my solution.

Thanks much!

• 1. Re: Why? : The file xx could not be opened. (Not Open)
          schamblee

You are not clear in your statement with your issue nor do you give enough details.  Are you trying to open a file on FMS with FMPA or with FMGO or are you using FMGo to open a file on FMPA or FMS.   Is FMS on a PC or MAC.  IS FMPA on a PC or 0MAC.   What OS are on all devices.  Give steps of what you are doing, when you receive the error message.