AnsweredAssumed Answered

Online Schedule Search

Question asked by wcormode on Aug 24, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 by mikebeargie

I work in a high school and we moved to a rotating schedule this year. We have ABCD days that are on a four day rotation. The hours we have each day are A Day(1,2,3,5,6,7),B Day (2,3,4,6,7,8), C Day(3,4,1,7,8,5), and D Day(4,1,2,8,5,6). This allows us to offer more classes and electives. Parents are concerned about making appointments and knowing when to schedule so kids do not miss more important classes. (They would rather the child missed PE than Algebra)

I am brand new to using File Maker Pro. We have File Maker Pro and the File Maker Server.

I was hoping that there was a way that I could create an embedded tool on our school webpage or even a standalone site linked from the school webpage that would help me out. Bonus points if it works well on mobile devices.

What I want is for the parent/teacher/student be able to search a time and see what type of day and what hour it would be in the day. In a perfect world the parents can personalize it and actually see what class the student in question would be in, but I do not want to have to manage and create logins for people. An alternative would be that someone could add other types of searches like teacher name or class name.

This has to be easy for the general public.

On the server side I want it to be easy for me to go in and change when certain days appear. If a B day is Tuesday and Tuesday gets cancelled because of snow then the next time we have school will be a B day. This will push every day back for the rest of the year. I would like to be able to fix this with only a click or two.

Outcomes