2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 7:22 AM by jdwaggoner

FileMaker Go is ignoring the Read-Only Access privilege set

jdwaggoner

I'm pretty new to FileMaker (having purchased v. 13 just before 14 came out, of course) but things have been going pretty well until this. I'm using fmphost.com to host a database and I have several users who will need to access it using FileMaker Go. I have set up an account for them using Read-Only Access as the privilege set, but when I try it myself, logging in under that account, I am still able to enter and delete data. I have unchecked "Log in using" in File Options so as to not force it to open using my admin account, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. What am I missing here? Thanks!

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go is ignoring the Read-Only Access privilege set
          TSGal

Jeffrey Waggoner:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to reproduce the issue with a hosted file, so I suspect something else.

Do you have any scripts that are set to be run with full access privileges?  More specifically, do you have any script triggers that call any of the scripts set for full access privileges?

Besides checking the File Options Log in, do you have a File Options OnFirstWindowOpen script trigger?  If so, does the calling script have a Re-Login script step?  Install Menu Set that has custom options that run full access privileges?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down a possible cause.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go is ignoring the Read-Only Access privilege set
            jdwaggoner

Thanks! It somehow corrected itself, so I think it was in the server. No script triggers that could have been a problem. Thanks for your help. Now everything is working fine, so maybe it was a temporary issue with the server!

Jeff