3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 9:23 AM by siplus

Standard script for a portal button

daroloson

I've tried to find the standard script for a portal button to go to layout for the related record in that row.

I've succeeded in going to the layout mentioned in the row but the layout doesn't have the data from that row.

I've got an Employee layout that lists their related Contracts in a portal in reverse creation order and a button

on each portal row. The row lists type of Contract, start date, end date, and the button.

Dani Roloson

• 1. Re: Standard script for a portal button
          BruceRobertson

With the GTRR script step, be sure to specify show only related records, match current record only.

GTRR.png

• 2. Re: Standard script for a portal button
            steveromig

Dani Roloson wrote:

I've tried to find the standard script for a portal button to go to layout for the related record in that row.

I've succeeded in going to the layout mentioned in the row but the layout doesn't have the data from that row.

I've got an Employee layout that lists their related Contracts in a portal in reverse creation order and a button

on each portal row. The row lists type of Contract, start date, end date, and the button.

Dani Roloson

Dani -

Don't know what script step(s) you are using but the one that you want to try is "Go To Related Record"

Not only will "Go To Related Record" allow you to specify the proper relationship but it will also allow you to specify the layout you want to switch to.  At a minimum this is all you need.  If this isn't working then something in your schema or your script needs to be addressed.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Standard script for a portal button
              siplus

the standard script is

Go To Related Record[Show only related records; From Table: "Contracts"; Using layout: "Contracts"]

1 of 1 people found this helpful