1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2008 9:19 AM by TSGal

"Access priveleges in this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with."

Butterfly

Title

"Access priveleges in this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with."

We are running FileMaker Pro 6 in our office, and head office is developing a new and improved database in Pro 9 that has not been implemented yet.  Of course, there is no telephone tech support for the version of the software we're currently using.

We are experiencing difficulties accessing one section of our database (the most important file, of course) and are receiving the following errors:

- The access priveleges in this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with.  Please contact FileMaker Technical Support if the problem cannot be resolved.
      - [filename] could not be found.  Please locate the file or click Cancel to cancel any further requests for this file.
      - Sorry, FileMaker is unable to read the disk this file is on.  Click Continue to try again or click Exit and copy this file to another disk.
      - [filename] could not be found and is required to complete this operation.

The other files seem to load fine, but are not able to perform any functions involving the problematic file.  I'm not certain if it is related, but our backups have not been running properly either.  We just added a brand new computer to the network, but our tech service said that this should not cause any of the problems we are having.  We ran a disk check, and that didn't help.  Our tech service has run out of ideas, as they are not very familiar with FileMaker.

What causes or solutions do you recommend to fix this?

• 1. Re: "Access priveleges in this file have been damaged or possibly tampered with."
          TSGal

Butterfly:

Thank you for your post.

Your tech service is correct.  Adding a new computer to the network would not cause any problems to FileMaker Pro.  It's purely coincidental.

Were your backups running properly before the new computer was added?  Do you have an even earlier backup?

Please send me a copy of your damaged file and an earlier backup.  I'll do my best to try and resolve it.  With the product no longer supported, I'm not sure what else I can do here.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with directions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.