3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 11:36 AM by philmodjunk

"E-mail could not be sent successfully"

tpk309

Title

"E-mail could not be sent successfully"

Hello,

We're using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanded, Filamek Pro 10 and Filemaker Server 10 Advanced. Mainly on Windows, one on Mac.)

Our database used to send e-mail trhough a SMTP server (one without authentication, just IP and port)

Suddenly, after one week-end, any script trying to send a mail started display the error "Your e-mail could not be sent successfully.

The network admin say that nothing has changed on the mail server or on the network.

Is there a way to get more information avout the reason of this error.

What also looks strange is that the server itself is able to send e-mail, for example to say that a script has bugged. But no mails can be sent via SMTP through script ...

Thank you for you help.

• 1. Re: "E-mail could not be sent successfully"
          mrvodka
             Are you sure that no firewall settings have been changed recently? Virus progams can sometimes block ports to stop mass worm mails. If so, add FileMaker Pro.exe to the program exception list.
          • 2. Re: "E-mail could not be sent successfully"
            TSGal

tpk309:

Thank you for your post.

The advice from PhilModJunk is excellent (Thank you!).  I know you are having trouble with the scripts, but let's try sending the email manually.  That is, pull down the File menu and select "Send Mail...".  Select SMTP Server, put in all the settings, and send a test email to yourself.  Does this work?  If not, then you will need to talk closely with your network admin to try and narrow this down further.  If this does work, then go into one of your scripts that isn't working, and verify you have everything set up exactly as what you did manually.  Then, test out the script again.

If you continue to run into difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: "E-mail could not be sent successfully"
              philmodjunk

Actually, I try to stay away from Hard Alcohol :smileywink:

That advice was from the excellent Mr. Vodka, not me.