1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 9:04 AM by schamblee

"File "xyz" could not be opened; the host's capacity has been exceeded.  Try again later."

MikeDrennan

Title

"File "xyz" could not be opened; the host's capacity has been exceeded.  Try again later."

TI downloaded a trial version of 14 to see if the new workflow with Filemaker Go will be useful for me.  (I also downloaded FMGo 14).  I have yet to be able to connect to a file being hosted on my home computer, whether inside the LAN or outside.  I have tried connection over 5003, I have tried VPN connection through my iPhone, and I have tried LAN connection on the same wireless network.  

In each case, I can see the file, but when I try to connect is says "File "xyz" could not be opened; the host's capacity has been exceeded.  Try again later."

I have no other open connections to the file; I am the only user.  The host file has an ODBC connection to a mySQL DB on my website.  Any ideas?  

Thanks

• 1. Re: "File "xyz" could not be opened; the host's capacity has been exceeded.  Try again later."
          schamblee

You did not describe the steps you took to connect to the hosted database.

Here are the instruction for hosting and opening a hosted database.

Host - Server

You will open database on host computer (server). 
          Turn file sharing in this database within FM, when sharing is turned on the host ip address will be displayed.
          Select the users that have access to the database.  In testing I would just select all users
          Then Click OK

IP - Client - Note  FMP  allows up to 5 concurrent connections

1st connect from your local network, so  Turn off 3G/4G so you know you are on your local network
          Open FMGO
          Select the Host icon , then a list of your shared database will be displayed.
          Select the desired database and login with your user information.

From outside network / 3G / 4G

Setup port forwarding using port 5003 to the ip address listed on the host computer when you turned on sharing.
          Port 5003 will have to be open on your firewall
          Go to a website such as www.ipchicken.com or www.whatismyipaddress.com to get your public ip address
          Select the network path icon next to the gear icons.
          Enter your public ip address publicipaddress  or publicipaddress/filename