0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 9:22 AM by ChristianPena

"FileMaker cannot share or be a client of a file because the networking stack could not be...

ChristianPena

Title

"FileMaker cannot share or be a client of a file because the networking stack could not be initialized."  Error

Using:

Filemaker 8.5 Pro

Windows XP SP2(and SP3) - Using different machines

I reinstalled Filemaker on one users machine and started getting "FileMaker cannot share or be a client of a file because the networking stack could not be initialized."  error. 

After lengthy troubleshooting on that machine - including steps on this KB article:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/213/~/%22filemaker-cannot-share-or-be-a-client-of-a-file-because-the-networking-stack

I abandoned the machine thinking it may be a problem with hardware or something and moved the users disk to another machine. Same issue

I thought then it may be the OS install, so I formatted. Same issue

I thought then it may be the users domain user account, so I formatted again. I installed Filemaker and network drivers, same issue.

I do not know what else the issue could be. Seems like I cannot get any new installations of Filemaker to work. All previously installed/deployed Filemaker installations are working just fine.