1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 4:44 PM by davidanders

"Live" link between FM and FoxPro database via ODBC Driver

AdamWood

Title

"Live" link between FM and FoxPro database via ODBC Driver

I have designed a FMP12 database that I would like linked to a FoxPro Database.  The FileMaker database would be the "client" and have the ability to show real-time, read-only data from the FoxPro Database. 

Is is possible to establish a "live", real-time connection between FM and the FoxPro Database using the available ODBC drivers for Windows?

Thanks for your input...

• 1. Re: "Live" link between FM and FoxPro database via ODBC Driver
          davidanders

FoxPro would need a ODBC driver installed, I believe.  Maybe the first step?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms710251%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

For example, with the Microsoft Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver you can do the following:

•           

Use Microsoft Query to query and update Visual FoxPro data from Microsoft Excel worksheets.

•      
          •           

Create mail-merge letters using Visual FoxPro data with Microsoft Word.

•      
          •           

Query and update Visual FoxPro views and tables from Microsoft Access.

•      
          •           

Use Visual FoxPro as the data store for Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++, and C applications.