1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 11:34 AM by philmodjunk

"Make,Model,Year" type Portals

RaymondMedon

Title

"Make,Model,Year" type Portals

I have 3 portals set up as tabs -eachwitha different name (tab.1, tab.2,tab.3). They are currently set up to "draw" from one database . I am trying to do a drill down to find the correct product. Each product file contains the following fields:

ProductID   TypeO   Type1   Type2   Type3

where all products in one category have the same number in type1, the models all have the same number in Type 2, the actual product wanted in Type 3. Type0 just has a "1" in it to make the main category menu on tab.1

Only works ONCE. I am passing variables to the next portal setup but still only works once.

Should I be using ANOTHER INSTANCE of the database for each portal? Seems to me that this method of drill down would be common among users of Filemaker.

If anyone could lead me through the steps on this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

• 1. Re: "Make,Model,Year" type Portals
          philmodjunk

There are a number of different ways you could use to set this up. Since you have a portal, there must be at least two table occurrence "boxes" on the relationships tab in Mange database and you might have more. What have you set up as relationships for your portals?

Are you using portal filters? If so what filter expression are you using?

Type0 just has a "1" in it to make the main category menu on tab.1

You can probably use a relationship with the cartesian join operator (X) instead of the default = operator and then not need the Type0 field.