2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 5:23 AM by KateMoffatt

"New event" field incorrectly filling in with old event

KateMoffatt

Title

"New event" field incorrectly filling in with old event

Please could someone help me. In my workplace we have a personalised version of Filemaker Pro 11.0 to suit the needs of our charity (we use it as a database to store information about the clients we help and what we do to help them).  We have a section called "Events" and it has always been possible to create a "New Event" but now when I try to do this, it automatically pre-fills with an old event that someone has already set up. Any ideas how to change it back. This is such a long shot as I imagine no one will be able to understand what I'm talking about. Thanks anyway!

• 1. Re: "New event" field incorrectly filling in with old event
          philmodjunk

I understand what you describe, but there are any number of ways what you describe might take place. Do you know how to work with the design of a FileMaker database? We would need to know some of those design details before we could suggest a possible cause and a solution.

How exactly is that layout designed where you create a "new event"? Is a new event a new record in a particular table. What portals and relationships make up this part of your solution? Any scripts being used? auto-enter calculations?

• 2. Re: "New event" field incorrectly filling in with old event
            KateMoffatt

Thanks for your reply. It is very bizarre because some of my colleagues are not having this problem when they use the system but some of us are. Thank you very much for trying. I just think it is going to be too complicated to explain. We will have to try to sort it out in-house.