2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2011 10:16 AM by BarryFass-Holmes

"No records match" for Find on a field in a related table

BarryFass-Holmes

Title

"No records match" for Find on a field in a related table

In an fp7 containing four tables, one of which is related to each of the other three, I have a layout that includes fields from all four tables.

When I perform a Find in that layout to produce a found set of records which have missing data so that I can exclude such records and work on the records without missing data, the Find returns the "No records match" dialog.

Each field with missing data that I use in the Find returns the "No records match" dialog.

In fact, however, the layout displays over 400 records (out of more than 1,500) that have fields with missing data.

The table that is related to each of the other three tables contains student information for 2005–06. The other three tables contain corresponding information for first, second, and third semesters in 2006–07 (respectively).

The more than 400 records with missing data belong to students who had information only for third semester 2007.

The records without missing data belong to students who had information for all of 2005–06 and 2006–07.

In the relationship graph, I have a line going from the student ID field in the one table to the student ID field in each of the other three tables.

What do I need to do differently so that Find will produce the desired found set?

Thanks in advance!