2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 11:27 AM by laramia

"Open File" script step

laramia

Title

"Open File" script step

I have two hosted .fp7 files in FileMaker 11, say File A and File B.

I open File A with the File B "Open File" script step. This is no problem so far.

When someone normally just opens File A itself, it normally displays all records from a table (about 50 records).

What I would like to do differently is, when I open File A from a script in File B, I want it to filter the displayed records from that table to only three specific records.

Is there a way to do this via a script in File B? Or does File A store whether it was opened by an Open File script step in a way that I can access from a script?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: "Open File" script step
          philmodjunk

Perform script can be used in a script in File A to perform a script in File B. This can then open the File A file and then perform a find to show only the records you want to see.

But an external file reference to this table in File A can be added to File B and then you can set up a layout in File B to display this data without needing to explicitly open File A or perform a script in it. (The file will open automatically in the background.)

• 2. Re: "Open File" script step
            laramia

Thanks PhilModJunk smiley, I will try these out.