2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 7:08 AM by conor

"Paid" Invoice?

stufigler

Title

"Paid" Invoice?

I do some work for a small record company, currently using an old version of Accountedge for invoicing, sales, inventory, basic small business stuff.  Since every time we have a sale we then go to Filemaker to enter the information into our database, we're looking into just using Filemaker for all the sales stuff . . cut out a big step.

We were looking at the Business Productivity software and it has almost everything we want except one thing. When we sell a CD, someone has already sent in payment.  When we fill in the invoice, we need to enter their payment so that the balance is "zero." For the life of me I couldn't find a setting for that anywhere. Is this a script I would have to create, including an income account and lots of other minutia?  I'm not great with Filemaker scripting and it seems sort of strange that there's nothing built in to apply a payment to an invoice, or shipping, or a discount, or whatever.

Any advice would be wonderful,

stu

• 1. Re: "Paid" Invoice?
          dumiya

A suggested overview to help with planning the Invoice layout:

Create a   field 'payment' (number) add this to the bottom of the invoice layout and make it part of the calculation that totals the Invoice.  So it would be item 1 + Item 2  + etc  - payment = Invoice total.  When you enter the amount paid it will take it off the Invoice total.  If fully paid the Invoice =0

You can also create a paid field (text) something like  If (Invoice Total = 0; "PAID";;)  This would print PAID across the Invoice. You will need to look up this in the Manage Data Base/Fields.

• 2. Re: "Paid" Invoice?
            conor

The solution starters are fine, however I found that fm starting point has a bit more functionality, including paid dates/shipping dates etc on the invoice.

It also includes a deposit field, which is subtracted from the invoice total, this could be simply relabled.