6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 3:58 PM by BearAlbrecht

"This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message

amnegron

Title

"This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message

Hello,

I am a novice to File Maker Pro development and would greatly appreciate any advice or help. 

I am experimenting with scripts in container fields and I must have done something wrong. Every time I exit the layout interface I receive an error message that says, "This script can not be found or has been deleted" .(Screen capture below) I am not sure how to hunt down the problem, I went into all of the fields to turn off or delete any scripts and I still get this message. I even went into the "Manage Script" dialog box to see if I could delete or turn off a script but there are no scripts there. (Screen capture below).

Is there a way I can track down the script issue? I can't for the life of me find out what's wrong.

Thank you!

-Alexis

Screen_Shot_2015-03-11_at_3.49.59_PM.png

• 1. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
          philmodjunk

Go to this layout

Open Layout Setup by clicking the pencil icon near top left corner of the window near the layout drop down.

Click to view the script triggers that can be set for this layout.

Best guess is that you have the OnLayoutExit trigger set to run a script that no longer exists.

• 2. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
            BearAlbrecht

I get this error message and as far as I can tell there are NO scripts anywhere, and don't know what kicks this off immediately when I open the file.

I have a contact database with over 600 people and it works fine.  I also have a Magicard Enduro ID card printer and the software we used to have (on XP) was OK but for some reason new software got foisted off on us — maybe due to the Windoze 7 "upgrade".  It's horrible and the user interface is impenetrable, and it crashes.  So I'm designing ID cards with FileMaker (Pro Advanced 13) and I made a copy of the database and cut out most of the fields and buttons, and deleted 3/4 of the records.  And I don't recall seeing this message at first.  I must have deleted one more object that pushed it over the edge.  I have no clue how to find what I suppose is a script trigger.

(Anybody got major clues about ID cards, while we're here at the bar?)

• 3. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
              philmodjunk

This is not a script, but a script trigger. You can delete all scripts from your file and still have script triggers set for different parts of your file and layouts. In fact, deleting all scripts would be one way to produce this situation.

I cannot tell from your post whether you checked for script triggers or not. OnLayoutEnter is one possibility, but if you see this when you change from layout mode to browse mode, this can also be due to changing window modes or from OnRecordLoad. All of these triggers are set up in the same dialog so you'd need to check to see if any check boxes are selected here.

If that's not it, check and see if your cursor is inside a field. A field can be set up with the onObjectEnter trigger as can portals and other layout objects. It could be that entering Browse mode is automatically putting the focus into a layout object with such a trigger and this trigger is attempting to perform a script now deleted.

As for ID cards, I recommend that you start a new post for that and include quite a bit more detail so that others have a better idea what it is you want to know.

• 4. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
                BearAlbrecht

It's the very first thing; it happens right away, well before the window is open. 

• 5. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
                  philmodjunk

To repeat: have you checked for script triggers set to run scripts that no longer exist?

Script triggers are found in three general locations:

File Options

Layout Setup for each layout in your file

Right click any layout object on any layout in your file and select "Script Triggers".

I'd start with File Options and move to layout setup of the layout that first appears after you dismiss this message.

Bug if you have FileMaker Advanced, you can try a simpler method to identify this: Open fileMaker advanced without opening this file, enable the script debugger and then open your file in the fashion that causes this message to appear. I believe that you'll see the script trigger pop up in the debugger and then you'll know which one is causing  the trouble.

But that assumes a version of FileMaker that you may not have.

• 6. Re: "This script can not be found or has been deleted" Error Message
                    BearAlbrecht

File Options - bingo.

Thanks much.