AnsweredAssumed Answered

'Limited...' Custom Record Privileges  fails to work

Question asked by DonStimson on Feb 25, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

'Limited...' Custom Record Privileges  fails to work

Hi All,

I'm new to FileMaker, coming from a MS Access background with some VBA script experience.  I really like the idea that you can set up limited custom record privileges, but I'm really confused as to how to make them work.  (FYI - I'm working with FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced for Windows.)

Here's my logic.  I'm working with a table called Trial which has two fields: D_Copyright (Date) and D_Set (Number).  At the beginning of the database, D_Copyright is blank and D_Set = 0.  When the database is open for the first time, D_Copyright is assigned the current date and D_Set is set to 1.

So, my idea was that if I set the "Edit"  privilege for the Trial table to "limited..." and put the formula "D_Set = 0" under the area "Records can be edited when"...  This would allow me to put the current date in D_Copyright since D_Set is 0, but then through a script set D_Set to 1.

After doing so, I would expect the Trial table to be locked.  But, to my surprise, I can still edit either field.  What am I doing wrong?  

Thanks,
     Don

Trial_CustomRecordPrivileges.png

Outcomes