1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 2:57 PM by philmodjunk

Stevehou

Title

*&^% Should be Easy - Insert Calculated Value from a Value List

I have two fields and one script.

Field One is called Restitution.  It has a value list with two values:  Initial and Final.

Field two is a field that gets filled by a "Insert Calculated Value" script.

I cannot get my "Insert Calculated Value" to work if both checkboxes in the value list are checked (Initial and Final)

"Insert Calculated Value" calculation goes like this:  Case(Restitution = "Initial Final", "Both initial and final restitution has been addressed", "Restituion is not yet resolved")

I've also tried, (I've tried many other combinations too)

"Insert Calculated Value" calculation goes like this:  Case(Restitution = "Initial" and Restition" = "Final", "Both initial and final restitution has been addressed"), "Restituion is not yet resolved"

It works when my calculation includes one of the values but not when it includes both.  This works:   Case(Restitution = "Initial", "Both initial and final restitution has been addressed", "Restituion is not yet resolved")

Anyone know how to capture both variables from my list

• 1. Re: *&^% Should be Easy - Insert Calculated Value from a Value List
          philmodjunk

The reason it doesn't work for you is that the data stored in the field when both check boxes are clicked is either:

Initial<returncharacterhere>Final

or

Final<Returncharacterhere>initial

Which value is listed first is determined by which checkbox is clicked first.

You can see this for yourself if you put a copy of this field next to the one formatted with checkboxes, but formatted as an edit box, then click the boxes and what what values appear in the edit box each time you click a check box.

Here's a test you can use for the case when both values have been checked:

Not Isempty ( Filtervalues ( Restitution ; List ( "Initial" ; "Final" ) ) )

This will be true if both Initial and Final have been selected and the order will not matter.